Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bloglines, RSS, Technorati and the rest

Well, this was a very interesting exercise indeed. RSS could have all sorts of uses in the library (I'm thinking about the Olympics and having the latest news on them automatically popping onto the Learning Centre computers at homework time, as just one example. I got a bit bogged down (blogged down?) in trying to pop my feeds onto my blog - because I had created another account (Bloglines) the logistics of getting them onto my original blog were a bit mind-bloggling (sorry......)After Alt-Tabbing with what seemed like half a dozen tabs and getting mightily confused, I went to Google and typed in "adding a bloglines blogroll to blogger" and some wonderful person called Jamie Christenbury had given very straightforward instructions as to how to do it, and best of all - it worked! Here is the link http://jchristenbury.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-to-add-bloglines-blogroll-to.html and if you follow this to the letter it works beautifully. (I tried to add this as a hidden link under his name like we do with Fitch, but no joy - not sure what I was doing wrong). I liked Topix too, good layout. The best thing about all this is playing around with places I've never been, though of all the tools, I found the Bloglines one the easiest. I found a very good link to comparisons of different types of heating, which was uppermost in my mind as my house is FREEZING right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home