Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Some thoughts on Technorati

A search in the Blog Directory on Techcnorati for "Learning 2.0" yielded 7,795 results, which was pretty overwhelming, but the tag search yielded 780 which was much more manageable, and most of these were much more targeted to what we are doing - some of the directory ones had no relevance at all as far as I could see (though I didn't trawl through all of them, obviously!) I liked the fact that you could "save" a search query by subscribing, though I didn't do this myself. Ever the Pom, I searched for Coronation Street using the directory and tags, and got 200 blog posts and 271 tags, but I had to stop myself from reading them as most of them were written by Poms in England who are a whole year ahead of us here and I hate knowing what is going to happen! I had a discussion with a colleague yesterday about Heritage Week and having a "Speakers Corner" soapbox where people can get up and say their piece about whatever they feel strongly about, and it occurs to me that blogs are just that - a new take on Hyde Park. If you were to integrate some Facebook applications, you could even throw virtual rotten tomatoes at the blogger if you didn't agree with their point of view. Now there's a thought.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home