Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LibraryThing

I liked the look of LibraryThing when it was emailed to NSL some months ago, but this is the first time I have used it. It is similar to BookCat which I used in a previous job, but less texty and more graphic. The Patricia Cornwell book in my library has a huge number of co-owners in LibraryThing, but the Practical Smallfarming in New Zealand book only appears on two other LibraryThing shelves. Obviously people would rather read about Jack the Ripper than how to castrate a lamb - shame on them. AND there was no cover picture available so I decided I would rate it with five stars, which it thoroughly deserves, being a classic. I will add more books as time permits, but for a personal or small business library LibraryThing is wonderful.

Here's the link to my catalogue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home