Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ebooks and more

It was a relief to get back onto familiar territory - I have used Google Book Search before, and also NZETC which is run through Victoria Uni and a wonderful NZ project. I searched for Hamlet, and compared the full-text (1860) with its wonderful copperplate writing, with the Limited View and Snippet View. I know people have been predicting the rise of e-books for years, and I do know people who have actually read in this format, but it's not for me, I'm afraid - I enjoy reading snippets of things online, like the Herald every morning, but to immerse myself in a book requires a whole physical experience which includes paper, print, and an ability to lie in a bath and soak without the worry of electrocution.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home